The original stands out with its technology and innovation
The SonoDur3 is exemplary in terms of a good overview and uncomplicated handling, just as its predecessor SonoDur2 was. Nevertheless, it shows ground-breaking improvements as compared to the predecessor model.
Operation and result evaluations:
- A protection function (software lock) permits free carrying and measurement without accidental tripping of a function when touching the touch screen.
- The virtual keyboard is larger and more comfortable to use than it used to be.
- Access to the measuring menu and measuring functions is directly available, and even faster as a result.
- Graphical presentation of the result in a well-structured form, making irregularities due to the material or the test execution evident at once.
- The result page shows MAX, average, MIN at the top of the screen. Asymmetries are visible at once. They can be marked by simply tapping the suspect value (MAX or MIN) for possible correction. This way, the tedious scrolling through long measured value columns is a thing of the past. The user can reach the goal more quickly.
- When tolerance thresholds are set, the result list calculates and shows not only colour marks, but also percentage deviations from the tolerance value. This provides a better overview and better decision-making (outliers “yes” or “no”).
- The popular “AllMeas” data compendium from the SonoDur2, with its clear summary of results in a measuring series, now also indicates the average error of the individual measurement “σ” and the precision in repeatability “R” within a measuring series. This makes it possible to quickly get an overview about surface conditions of different measuring points on a component or on several components respectively.
- Result documentation is possible via USB, or directly via Bluetooth (individual values), or by WLAN in the network (individual values, collected batches).
- Languages can now be loaded from the system menu. The denotation of the numbering system can be specified in the SonoDur3 directly as well.
- The Android system of the SonoDur3 also permits use of known functions from the smartphone area, such as screen copies, photography (password-protected) or data transfer via the GSM network (special development subject to a fee if the customer wishes).
The SonoDur3 is robust, which makes it industry-capable. Specifically developed and built for demanding everyday use, it has a high functionalityand can be expanded similar to smartphones and tablet PCs. Its high-performance energy concept means that special measures for the provision and surveillance of different power supplies are not necessary. Replacement batteries for SonoDur3 and the corresponding charging stations ensure 100% availability.
We have transferred and are continuing the sustainability in significant test results and reliability from our good experience with the SonoDur2:
- Backwards compatibility of software and probe technology
- The reliable hardness test probes with high precision and sustainable measured value stability for our manual measuring probes, motor probes and new mobile SONO-S stand
- New stands for the test of small parts in the lab and large parts in the operation
- The first and only reliable magnet test stand to date for weld testing (heat affected zones) with HV10
Everyone who knows the SonoDur2 is able to work with the SonoDur3 at once due to the simplicity and good structure of the operating menu. Operators who have known the MIC10/MIC20 for years will value the benefits in clarity of functions and resultant presentation very quickly.
The SonoDur3 is based on a future-capable Android platform with near-unlimited expansion options. The SonoDur3 is perfectly equipped for daily use as a hard worker in hardening shops and industrial operations with outdoor use, but also for tasks that are increasingly discussed in connection with comprehensive communication in production lines today.
Selection of various manual and motor measuring probes
- An armoured glass plane now protects the entire front. This permits simple cleaning of the smooth surfaces.
- Buttons and housings are protected against dirt and chemical substances under rubber insulation.
- Impact protection, MIL-G810 and IP65 makes the SonoDur3 particularly suitable for everyday work.
- The housing is nearly as compact in size and as light-weight as the SonoDur2.
- The SonoDur3 automatically recognises whether any, and if so, which, probe is connected to the device, and will load the matching probe data.
- “Plug & Play”, among other things for Windows 10 computers, can be used without any preparation by the user.
- Software updates are available online, as for the SonoDur2.
- Rapid hardness testing on serial parts after heat treatment
- Hardness testing on parts after surface treatment
- Hardness testing at positions difficult to access
- Mobile weld seam testing in confined spaces
- Coating hardness measurement with several measuring points
- Suitable for easy adjustment on (almost) all fine-grained, homogeneous materials
UCI Method, corresponds to DIN 50159, ASTM A1038
Vickers diamond 136°
Newton scale (1kgf = 9.81 N)
Motor probes: 1N (0.1 kgf), 3N (0.3kgf) and 8.6 N (0.9 kgf) Handheld Probes: 10N (1 kgf), 30N (3kgf), 49N (5kgf), 98N (10kgf), (Other test loads on request)
Hardness scales and range
Vickers HV 10 – 1999 (9999)
< 4 % (HV5, HV 10). For other test loads and ranges see table below.
< 5 % (HV5, HV 10). For other test loads and ranges see table below.
|* exceeds DIN 50159, dependent on test load and range (see table below). Specifications are valid for 5 measurements using Vickers reference blocks and according to test conditions given in standard DIN 50159.|
>10 hours in measurement operation (depending on system performance, temperature and instrument settings), up to 8 hours continuous operation, quick exchangeable battery pack (3.7V 3900mAh LiPolymer)
Probe: 0°C to ~ +45°C Instrument: -10° ~ +50°C // Charging +10°C ~ +40°C
-20°C ~ +70°C
Max. 90%, non-condensing
Instrument ca. 164x86x23 mm, Motor probe Ø38mm, L=190 mm Handheld probe Ø25 mm, L=176 mm (free length of rod ca. 12,5 mm) Handheld probe Ø25 mm, L=207 mm (free length rod ca. 43 mm)
Instrument ca. 320 gr (incl. battery pack)
|Processor and Memory|
ARM® Cortex™-A53 Octa Core 1.3 GHz / System 2GB RAM / storage me mory 16 GB eMMC / Micro SD card 4 GB (up to 32 GB )
Android 5.1 (Android 7.0)
4 function keys, system touch keyboard
Main battery: 3,7V / 3900mAh, LiPo hard pack, quick exchange Charging time:
5“ sunlight readable multi touch display (1280×720 pixel), LED-backlight (500 Cd/m2), adjustable
Jack for 5VDC operating/ charging |Docking connector (charging) USB 2.0 Micro USB (PC) / probe connector Lemo 4 pos. Micro SD-card 4 GB (up to 32 GB) | 2x SIM card WLAN 802.11 a/b/g/n | WCDMA/HSDAP/HSPUA, FDD-LTE / TDD-LTE) | GSM/GPRS/EDGE (b2/b3/b5/b8 | GPS / AGPS / GLONASS Bluetooth 4.0 (supports BLE mode) | NFC | Speaker, microphone
|Sensors / Camera / LED|
Light sensor, G-sensor, proximity sensor, rear camera 8 mega-pixel, multicolor status LED
IP65 according IEC 60529 Edition 2.1:2001-02
MIL-STD-810G Methode 516.6, 4 ft.
MIL-STD-810G Methode 516.6 Prozedur I
MIL-STD-810G Methode 514.6 Prozedur I
D, EN, IT, FR, SP, PL, CZ, CN – more on request